February 21, 2013

Barilla Pasta Meal Review

One of the full size items I had in my Back to School Snacks Crave Box was a Barilla Pasta microwavable meal.  I have had other varieties of this type of meal from Barilla so I was expecting to like it, and I did.  I love to keep these types of lunches at work in case I forget to bring something or I just don't want whatever I brought.

This lunch was easy, quick and tasty.  Who doesn't want those three things when making lunch?  The directions were right on the plastic film that covered the pasta.  All I had to do was peel back the film to the dotted line and microwave for 60 seconds.  This heats up the pre-cooked pasta and small compartment of sauce inside.

Next I lifted the compartment of sauce out and poured the desired amount onto the pasta.






Even though I am not usually someone who likes a lot of red sauce on their pasta I dumped the whole thing on.  I was pleasantly surprised that the sauce tasted great.  It was sweet and tangy at the same time.  It had noticeable chunks of tomato and great seasoning.   The pasta was cooked well too.  I would consider it to be just past "al-dente".  The pasta itself was small though.  They were not full size penne but that didn't have any effect on the taste.  The one major thing I noted was that it was not too salty.  Many pre-made meals that I have eaten are very salty.  This was not at all.


I will definitely be buying more of these to eat for lunch.  My only suggestion is that they include a small packet of Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top!

What is your favorite lunch to have at work?




*I received this Barilla Pasta Meal in my Back to School Snacks CraveBox.  However, all opinions are my own and I will always be honest, good or bad.
If you would like to receive CraveBoxes please sign up here and use my email address in the "Referred by" section of "About Me" in your profile!  Laurellikesit@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I wonder if you can purchase packets of cheese somewhere - or, if you have a refridge at work, bring in a baggie or small shaker of cheese - might come in handy for all sorts of munchies.

    ReplyDelete