My mornings are hectic. I have to get myself ready as well as my 4.5yr old son ready so sometimes I don't have time to sit and eat breakfast...well, most of the time actually. I love having a protein drink as an option for the mornings that I don't have time to brush my hair. I have tried several different kinds, 2 from Vitacost and this one from Lean 1 off Amazon. I feel that with these 3 very different drinks under my belt I could make an honest review for Summit Nutritions.
I tried each packet with a different liquid. The first shake I made using 2% milk and it tasted great! It mixed very easily in my Blender Ball cup and was creamy and smooth. It gave a good amount of energy and kept my hunger away for about 3 hours or so.
The next day I used just water. I was not as pleased with this mixture because of it's lack of creamy consistency but it still mixed easily and tasted good. It was just kind of like drinking chocolate water.
With the last packet I used unsweetened coconut almond milk. This was better than the water but not as good as the milk. I must say though that it was mostly because of the coconut and almond flavor mixed with the chocolate. It was also creamy like the milk was and still kept my hunger at bay.
You can buy this same 3 pack from Amazon with FREE Prime shipping for only $7.99. This is a great way to try it out without committing to a huge container.
Overall, I liked this mix and would recommend it based on the comparison to the others I have tried.
Here is some info from the company for those of you who need to know about this stuff!
- 100% Bio pure whey protein isolate - Summit Nutritions whey protein is isolated from Whey Protein concentrate by using patented ultra-microfiltration process which preserves Natural Profile of Amino Acid unlike other whey protein isolates that denature the Protein profile by using Ion Exchange method or others. Our protein is free from protein spiking or amino acid spiking and it gives you 90% Protein per Scoop (25/27.7g)
- Highest biopurity profile - Summit Nutrition's Whey Protein Isolate gives 90% of protein per scoop (25/27.7g) and maximum amount (5.6 GM) of BCCAs and (4.8 GM) of Glutamines per serving size and it's all coming form the protein not externally added. Also our protein has all 26 Full Spectrum Amino Acid Profiles including essential, semi essential and non-essential Amino Acids with 159 Biological Value and Perfect 1.0 PDCAAs Score.
- Zero fat, very low carb and cholesterol - Summit Nutritions Whey Protein isolate has zero fat and very less, in fact less than 1% Daily Value of Cholesterol and Carbohydrate which is much better than other proteins. In addition to this, there is zero fillers or excepients.
- Non-GMO, lactose free, soy free & naturally flavored istanized - Summit Nutritions Whey Protein Isolate is free of Lactose, Soy Gluten, BSE/TSE, NON-GMO and naturally flavored with Stevia. The protein is gently spray dried and lecithinated into granular free flowing powder which readily dispersible in water.
- What is protein or amino acid spiking??? - Many National Brands has added extra cheap Amino Acids like Taurine, Glycine, Glutamines and Creatine to the protein powders even though they are not Food Based Protein, but added to be calculated as protein to lower the cost since they are much cheaper to manufacture. There are class action lawsuits cases against those companies (Mostly National Brands). We don't make protein complex Whey Protein Isolate with Whey concentrate to bring cost down. So look at your Protein supplement fact and find out what is with Protein and make your choice.
Summit Nutritions sent me these products for review on my blog. My opinion is always my own and I will be honest good or bad!