January 31, 2013

Nivea Lip Balm Review

So I admit I have a problem.  I love lip products.  I don't know what it is but I just can't get enough!  So when I had gotten a coupon for a free tube of Nivea lip balm a few months ago of course I was excited to try it out. They had a few different kinds to pick from but since my usual go to lip balm is Burt's Bees peppermint I decided to go with the mint.
laurel likes it nivea lip balm reveiw

It has a nice smell true to it's name.  It's not as powerful as the mint that is in the Burt's Bees by any means though.  It does go on a little too thin for my taste but it feels good on and isn't sticky at all.  The dispenser is a little tricky however.  I found that as I was applying it, it would start to turn the bottom as I applied pressure, essentially pushing the balm back down. (annoying)

I have been keeping this tube at my desk at work right under my monitor.  I use it occasionally when my lips are feeling a little dry. However, twice now when I've had lips that were starting to get chapped I turned to this product and it didn't help at all!  I wouldn't say it made them worse but I found myself using is constantly throughout the day and finding no relief.  I am so disappointed!  I even tried pairing it with the NYC Liquid Lip gloss that I got from my Influenster Voxbox and still didn't get the comfort I was looking for.  I'm not going to throw it out but I will keep it at work only as an emergency lip balm.

So, what about you...  Have you tried any new lip balm lately?  Do you have a favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment