Here are some of the benefits:
- Filled with more beneficial cultures than other fermented milk products such as yogurt or buttermilk.
- Cultured for 14 to 16 hours, whereas most yogurts are cultured for just 2 to 3 hours. It’s that extra time that gives Kefir its high probiotic activity count (7-10 billion CFUs per serving) and its delicious effervescent taste.
- Made with organic milk from grass fed cows, free of rBGH (Bovine Growth Hormones) and antibiotics.
- An ideal milk substitute for infants, pregnant women, nursing mothers, convalescents and the elderly.
- A good remedy for digestive problems such as colitis and IBS, and is particularly helpful in reestablishing necessary intestinal microflora that may have been destroyed by antibiotic or other medical treatment.
When I got home I tasted a little bit of it. I was surprised by it's tangy flavor and thick consistency. It definitely reminded me of a yogurt drink. Honestly if you hadn't told me it wasn't I would think that it was yogurt. It is too think for me to drink but I bet it would be a great addition to a smoothie. I decided to wait until the morning and try it with my cereal. It was great! I had it with Honey Bunches of Oats and it kept me full until lunch time.
The following morning I let him have some with his Cheerios and he had two helpings!
I think it's safe to say that this is a product we will be buying again. They have so many other kefir products however my local Price Chopper Supermarket only carries the drinks. Here is a link so you can get $1.00 off any Lifeway Keifr product! I would love to try the frozen kefir!
Have you ever tried kefir?
*disclaimer: I received these product complimentary from Influenster for testing and review purposes. However, all opinions are my own and I will always be honest, good or bad.*